Monday, April 27, 2015

Bok Choy - stir fry



One major rule of greens is Greens Cook Down.  So when you started with a pretty large head of something, you end up with something that is more managable.  Bok Choy is a vegetable where you can use both the stems and the leaves a little differently.  The two main ways I have used bok choy is either in a stir fry or as a raw slaw.  This week I found this recipe from the New York Times that sounded delicious.  I don't usually cook meat at home, but did this time because of the expected heat from the hot pepper.  Ironically, instead of the pepper listed in the ingredients, I used a jalapeño frozen from last years CSA.  ;) By using a more mild pepper, I think you could leave out the meat and instead use grated tempeh or mushrooms for a vegetarian options.  This one was great.  I loved the chopped stems as a vegetable base and then finishing off with the leaves.  Great flavor in this stir fry.




No comments:

Post a Comment