Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sometimes simplest is the best! BEETS


Beets are one of those food that people either love or hate. They are also a usual part of most spring csa. Although I don't usually buy beets from the grocery store I don't mind getting them in my share. They are pretty easy to prepare and there are a lot of things you can do with them. Like the title says, sometimes the simplest preparations are the best and if I don't know what to do with beets, I can always make beet chips. I got this idea from my friend Shannon and you can use with any root vegetable such as turnips, carrots, or potatoes. Simple peel the beets and slice into 1/4 inch circles. Spread on to a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. 


Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes for a crispy easy side dish that goes with any meal. 


One word of warning with the beets. They are pretty messy to prepare so choose your cutting board accordingly. Also, due to the high sugar content of the beets, you may see them again if you know what I beets. Just relax, you probably aren't bleeding!  ðŸ˜œ

No comments:

Post a Comment