Thursday, June 25, 2015

Smoothie Challenge.


Don't hate me. I have a vitamix. Yes, I know, a vitamix. And guess what, it didn't change my life. Everything is the same as it was before except now I have to store my blender on my counter cause there is no room for it in the cabinet. I actually used to drink smoothies a lot. Not crazy often but I would make concoctions with protein powders that were pretty good. But in December, I got the flu and after that, I don't know...I just lost my taste for smoothies. Blech. So, my vitamix has had about a 6 month break. Just sitting on my counter. It probably would have kept sitting there except then someone I follow on facebook started doing a 30 day smoothie challenge.  It got me thinking about doing one too. Now, I can't commit to 30 days, but I did a week. It was fine. I enjoyed my smoothies, but again, it didn't change my life. What it did so is give me another place to use my CSA vegetables, especially those vegetables such as beets and cucumbers that I am having a hard time using up. Beets and cucumbers!  Who knew?  I'm not even going to mention the fact that I've been putting chard and kale in there too. Those are easy but beets and cucumbers!  

For a beet smoothie combine 1 peeled beet, 2 oranges, some sort of raw greens, some mint, and water and blend. This one is good but add ice if you want it colder. 

For a cucumber smoothie add 1 peeled and seeded cucumber, frozen blueberries or pineapple, raw greens, mint and coconut water and blend until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment