Thursday, May 14, 2015

Goat Cheese and Beet Salad


Loved this salad. And this is a popular one to do with beets. I have seen many different recipes for the same basic salad. In this version, the beets were wrapped in foil and baked for an hour at 400 degrees. When they were cooked, I peeled the skin off and sliced. I had never made beets this way and I think my husband and kids were pleasantly surprised. My older son said it reminded him of a gummy! They only ate one each, but it's a start.  It was actually pretty simple to put it all together. The dressing was a red wine and shallot vinegrette. Tossed the lettuce with it and topped with the baked beets, goat cheese and toasted walnuts. I baked some potaoes along with the beets to make it a hardier meal and also served with homemade bread. It ended up being a feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment