Thursday, May 21, 2015

Muffins or murder?


Desperate times call for desperate measures y'all. I had two baked beets in my fridge and a family of beet haters. Racking my brain for ideas and remembered a post about using beets to make chocolate cupcakes. Honestly, I don't need cupcakes but muffins are often part of our daily morning routine and I found my tweaking te recipe atMinimalist Baker, I ended up with a great breakfast item. 

I did nave many doubts through out this process. I kept reminding myself that this was no different than pumpkin muffins. But the the bright red color of the batter, I really wasn't sure if I could get my kids to eat them. 


My adjustments were adding more flour to make twelve muffins (who makes 10?  That's ridiculous) and subbing 1/2 cup maple syrup for the sugar. Oh, and I added chocolate chips cause our usual chocolate muffin has chocolate chips and I'm trying to be sneaky. Results were delicious. Maybe borderline of not sweet enough but my kids ate them. They always had a slight slight slight reddish tint but again but kids at them. Here's is one I ate with almond butter YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment